We are currently recruiting 3 Employment Advisors specialising in Mental Health. This role will involve working daily with participants, health professionals, volunteers and service providers. Employment Advisers are focused on making sure a person’s journey into employment, with associated improved social inclusion and well-being, is as easy as possible. You will deliver these activities across eithrt Barking & Dagenham, Enfield or Haringey.
- Maintain and support a caseload of individual participants, providing assessment to address need, action planning to address barriers to employment and ongoing support to improve employability pre- and post-employment.
- To engage effectively with partner employer engagement teams to identify appropriate employment opportunities for people
- To support individual production of CVs and application forms and co-ordinate and deliver preparatory activity to support participants into work, e.g. delivery of interview technique training or co-ordination of referral to specialist community-based services.
- To develop and provide vocational guidance to people, assisting with identifying their key strengths and appropriate career direction.
- To work with employers to promote the service, identify job opportunities and ensure appropriate strategies are in place to reduce barriers in the workplace.
- To provide a quality service by conducting regular visits, effective monitoring, evaluation support and guidance to participants and employers.
- To assist with job retention through the delivery and coordination of ongoing support.
- Experience within an employment advice and/or community mental health or wellbeing setting
- Ability to turn around the lives of people through engagement and inclusion
- Strong track record of achieving positive outcomes
- Able to motivate people, work well in a team and stay focused under pressure
- Passionate about reducing the impact of stigma on people’s lives and opportunities
This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure at Enhanced Level
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.