Administrative Officer – Feltham Young Offenders Institute
Full time – Permanent
Location: Feltham, London
Salary: £22,900 pa
We are currently recruiting for an Administrative Officer to provide administrative services to the education and training team within Feltham Young Offenders Institute – Education A, ensuring that all administrative duties are completed, take minutes of meetings and Represent Prospects at the Activity Allocation Board and Activity Hub.
The post holder will come into regular contact with young trainees, therefore knowledge and understanding of working in a secure environment is desired. The post holder is also expected to adopt a flexible attitude to work in order to provide administrative support as required across the whole department and Activity Hub.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of essential documentation required by Prospects Services, HMPPS and external agencies, such as the MOJ. Including taking minutes of meetings.
- The maintaining of filing systems within the department. This includes updating appropriate databases as necessary so that data about staff can be monitored and statistics can be produced, e.g. sick reports and contact hours etc.
- Inputting and maintenance of contractually required data into current and future Prospects management Information Systems
- Process invoices, the receipt of supplies and resources and purchase orders ensuring that financial reporting procedures meet Prospects requirements.
- Assist the Examinations Coordinator in the production of contractually required Payment and Management reports.
- Represent Prospects Feltham and play an active role in the functions of the Activity Hub and Activity Allocation board in relation to Young People in HMYOI Feltham A
- To liaise with HMPPS staff on the production, distribution, and monitoring of class lists and course timetables.
- To produce daily, weekly and monthly Teacher, Young Person and Pathway timetables as required
- Contribute to the training of new users on relevant Management Information Systems.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Education and other managers.
- Apply Prospects financial processes to the work of the unit.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Essential Person Specification Qualifications and Training
- Level 2 or above in a relevant subject, to include administration and ICT
- GCSE A-C in Maths and English
- Administrative experience gained in a work setting
- Inputting Data into MIS systems.
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Able to work on own or as part of a team
- Excellent user of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- The ability to input high volumes of data ensuring accuracy and consistency at all times
- Evidence of the ability to organise, prioritise and schedule work to meet tight deadlines
“Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.”