We are seeking an Area Manager who will be responsible for the day to day performance and delivery of their team of Support Managers, assisting and motivating people who are disadvantaged in the job market. The successful candidate will lead, develop and implement the community based delivery model including the uses of Time Credits, volunteers, employment led support, as well as integrated delivery with health and local government services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all services/contracts meet or exceed performance and contractual targets whilst meeting or exceeding all external standards with all compliance audits and reviews, ensuring clear action plans are followed for improvement as appropriate.
- Analyse and share regular reports/MI to the team, identifying trends that impact on effective delivery of contract.
- Control and manage all financial aspects of performance, ensuring that all transactions are validated and regularly monitored.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local stakeholders including local authorities, health service providers and the voluntary and community sector to ensure access to service for participants at a local level.
- Ensure the use of Time Credits as a tool to engage participants in giving their time both in services and the wider community where appropriate, ensuring targets are met.
- Ensure the regular collection of monitoring information on Time Credits engagement, earning and spending, and support programme evaluation data collection and share good news stories.
- Facilitate the involvement of participants directly in design, delivery and evaluation of our services.
- Manage team understanding of the systems that enable a clear focus on performance, quality, finances, compliance and equalities.
- Communicate and motivate team(s) to ensure employees achieve and realise their true potential, ensuring that succession and continuity planning is in place for all skills and levels.
- Set personal development and performance targets for direct reports and ensure these are met, and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken if targets are not being achieved.
- Ensure that the business strategy is communicated to the local team so that staff understand and support the organisations growth.
- People centred in a commercial framework, takes accountability for results
- Demonstrates a passion to further the charitable aims of the organisation and acts with integrity
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing target driven services and teams within a high performance culture.
- Proven experience of the operational management of high level or complex delivery of participant services and contracts internally and/or through a supply chain.
- Experience of supporting, motivating and engaging others.
- A strong track record of establishing and maintaining productive relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of financial management including monitoring and management of P&L, budgets etc
- An operational understanding of working with individuals who face disadvantages in relation to employment, inclusion and independence with varying and complex needs and barriers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; able to confidently interact with stakeholders.
- Strong operational planning and organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing budgets with real achievement in meeting or exceeding targets.
- Able to coach and lead by example
- Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results and willing to travel with possible overnight stays.
- Experience in managing, coaching and leading a team to drive success in a challenging and target driven environment, ideally within contract service provision.
- An understanding of the local area commissioning and service delivery environment.
- An understanding of the national government commissioning and contracting environment and context.
- Ability to manage change.
- Management training/qualification.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.