We are recruiting a Business Development Officer who will travel throughout the south of England from anywhere up to the Midlands and down to Cornwall. The BDO will further optimise our sales approach and take advantage of new markets for licences and training.
The BDO will instigate and develop partnerships with organisations that will benefit from our products and services, such as local authorities, housing and care providers and other charities.
- Act as the business development lead in your region and possibly other areas, if required, and increase income through uptake of our services such as training, licensing, sponsorship and conferences
- Promote services via a strong stakeholder engagement plan to key areas along with domestic customers and professional advisors
- Meeting agreed sales target for licence agreements, training courses and conferences.
- Research and develop new contacts amongst target organisations which will include public sector, commercial organisations such as housing associations and care providers, charities and others.
- Develop a thorough understanding of assistive technology and maintain an awareness of developments.
- Develop a good understanding of the mechanisms by which assistive technology is made available to the public and maintain an awareness of relevant developments
- To carry out phone-based campaigns to identify prospects for our services
- To provide fully costed proposals and tenders to potential customers to a high standard
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of the arena in which the Group operates, including a good knowledge of competitor activities.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of current and planned services to ensure opportunities are optimised with existing and new partners, optimising all opportunities.
- Plan and execute face-to-face presentations.
- Develop marketing and sales materials to support the role.
- Maintain clear and accurate records and contact reporting including sales pipeline reports, on CRM database.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the organisation to support the development of service offerings/developments.
- Represent the group at key regional forums
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Successful track record in business development in public and private sector
- Experience of developing sales plan and lead generation strategy
- Ability to conduct customer research in preparation for sales contact
- Experience of customer account relationship management
- Experience of working in a target driven role
- Good working knowledge of the Assistive Technology (AT) industry
- Ability to build rapport, empathy and co-operation at all levels of interaction including senior management
- Results orientated, resilient and customer focused
- Confident to work independently and act as an ambassador for the groups work with external partner organisations
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve
- Good administration and organisational skills with good experience of using office and CRM systems
- Embraces change and drives continuous improvement
- People-centred in a commercial framework, takes accountability for results
- Demonstrates a passion to further the charitable aims of the organisation and acts with integrity
- Enthusiastically collaborates and unites with others behind the organisation’s mission
- Provides a best in class service to all customers internal and external
- A qualification, or accredited training, in a relevant discipline, such as health and social care or education
- Experience in working with health and social care commissioners.
- Good understanding of disability issues
- Has the ability to expand the service offer
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.