We are recruiting a Communications Officer for a fixed term contract until December 2018. The successful candidate should have experience of working within a communications or marketing role and be a strong team player.
- Generate and edit content for internal stakeholders, ensuring that it is appropriate for specific audiences. This includes planning, producing, distributing and monitoring newsletters and other regular communications to a network of supply chain partners.
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint to add written and video content to the intranet/extranet, and to improve engagement.
- Work with the communications manager to deliver internal communication plans for a number of areas across the charity through engaging and creative content.
- Ensure that all content meets the business’ accessibility standards.
- Work with media agencies to make the most of media opportunities and manage the charity’s reputation.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging internal communications practices.
- Be able to take up the role no later than mid- August
- Understanding, knowledge and practical application from prior role/s of communications with relevant experience at this level
- Have a working knowledge of content management systems for both intranet and extranet, particularly Microsoft SharePoint, as well as email portals
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills for a variety of formats
- The ability to produce clear, creative and engaging content
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
- The ability to assess analytics and use those insights to communicate effectively
- The ability to work on own initiative, as well as in partnership with other teams
- Be willing to work with the policy and communications department to create an integrated function
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage multiple deadlines and be flexible in working style
- Comfortable working in a busy and fast-paced working environment
- Educated to honours degree level
- Experience of managing media agencies and working with the media
- Marketing and communications knowledge and experience
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills demonstrating the ability to convey complex messages clearly
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us , we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.