We are seeking a Deputy Children’s Home Manager to assist in managing all aspects of the day-to-day running of a residential home within the children’s services, including promoting the safeguarding of the young people’s welfare, and promoting education and diversity to ensure individual needs are meet, in line with Ofsted regulations and company requirements. Participate in the on-call roster in support of the Children’s Home
Duties will involve:
- Coach, support and develop staff, including supervision, to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and inspection framework requirements are met.
- Liaise with other departments and external agencies to ensure that the young people receive appropriate plans and programmes that meet their needs and the needs of the Contract.
- Assist in the identification of resourcing needs and the ongoing selection, training and development of staff to ensure contractual requirements and relevant standards are met.
- Participate in the risk assessment during admissions process to ensure that the immediate vulnerability and risk of the young person is determined accurately.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture to meet and maintain company and external accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate to young people, through pro-social modelling, the value of education and care, and the ability to develop skills maximise positive behaviour, and transition into adulthood.
- Form trusting, respectful, boundaries, professional relationships with young people, in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and guidance.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed to a high standard, within required timescales and communicated effectively, in order to comply with the Contract and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Support the senior management team in the implementation of development strategies promoting a positive approach to ensure the change process is embraced.
- QCF level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Managerial experience within residential care
- Full driving licence
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
Working towards QCF level 5 qualification