Our client is working in partnership with a leading international education provider who are opening a unique International School project in Tirana. The school will combine British and Albanian curricula, to provide an international education for local and expatriate students to prepare them for international qualifications.
Opportunities for international exchange programmes and pathways to leading universities will be integral features of the school’s provision.
We are seeking an appropriately qualified, experienced and motivated Director of Studies to join our academic management team, working alongside our experienced Principals, line managing a team of 25 teachers.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Day to day management, development and delivery of the academic curriculum and timetable
- Management and development of the teaching team; promoting a culture of collaboration; high expectations, professional standards and student safety, welfare and outcomes
- Assistance with the writing and implementation of school policies and procedures
- Compliance with local legislative requirements and those of our partners and external awarding bodies
- Assessment of new student applications, interviewing, meeting parents, delegating for the Principals as required and generally promoting accurately the opportunities that the school provides
- Good understanding of the UK education system
- Proven Management ability
- Able to organise their own work/time and that of others
- strong administration skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, coherently and with authority, in English, to both individuals and large groups
- IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office packages
- Educated to degree level
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Native level English
- At least three years of experience with similar responsibilities and duties
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion for education
- Professional attitude towards work
- Ability to be part of and lead a team of people effectively
- Ability to prioritise tasks during busy periods
- Problem solving
- Good understanding of IT systems, data handling and compliance employed in schools
- Second language skills
- Understanding of the requirements of international examination boards and awarding bodies
- Postgraduate qualifications
- First Aid
- having held similar position(s) in international schools
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us , we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.