We are currently recruiting a Disability Specialist Employment Adviser. The successful candidate will be required to travel across Hereford & Worcester and will need to be an engaging, empathetic and motivating individual. The main aspect of the role is to support people with complex barriers to move into sustainable employment ensuring that every participants’ journey is as smooth and well-coordinated as possible.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engaging with those who have been referred, assessing their support and development needs and working with them to co-produce an action plan into sustainable employment.
- Working with partners to contribute to, influence and develop action plans.
- Motivate participants while managing and facilitating their journey.
- Undertake or participate in regular case conferences with partner organisations, support services, employers and/or colleagues.
- Organise and coordinate activities such as one to one meetings, group sessions, outreach appointments, employer and stakeholder engagement.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with employers, with existing services within the community
- Supervise and guide the volunteers in order to provide participants with additional support to access community provision, thereby creating a ‘circle of support’.
- Be fully responsible for all tasks related to journey / case management function including maintaining effective and efficient administrative procedures producing appropriate records and reports, including the updating of participant details on the relevant case management system.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained as well as operating within service guidelines when participants require crisis support.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of the local labour market, training opportunities and relevant support agencies particularly health and wellbeing service providers
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the benefit system and entitlements.
- Ensure achievement against service delivery KPIs, targets and outcomes.
- Undertake in-work support activities to ensure individuals are able to maintain their employment and wellbeing and identify any risk which may stop them from achieving this.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Minimum of 5 GSCEs (A to C) or equivalent qualifications
- IAG L4 or equivalent demonstrative experience at this level and a willingness to work towards and gain relevant accreditation and qualifications
- Strong track record of successfully working to targets
- Experience in successfully managing and progressing a caseload of participants to meet their agreed goals and ambitions
- Experience of working with external stakeholders to jointly support participant progression, including employers, local authorities, health services and voluntary sector organisations
- Experience of facilitating and supporting participants with complex and/or multiple barriers (particularly health and social inclusion related) to success in an employability setting.
This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.