We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant/ Credit Controller. This role is sat in the Finance Team based in Oldbury.
The role involves processing sales invoices, being responsible for credit control as well as regularly contacting the sales and conferences teams. Suitable candidates will have experience in this type of work, have strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and have experience of using accounting software.
- Process Sales Invoices accurately and promptly
- Manage the outstanding balances falling due and contact customers before the balance becomes overdue to confirm payments.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Follow up expected payments to ensure debtor's days are reduced.
- Where required initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are bought to a satisfactory conclusion by liaising with our legal department.
- Liaise with sales and conferences department on a regular basis
- Sending out statements to customers
- Liaise with various departments regarding customer queries on invoices
- Sage 1000 experience or similar accounting software is essential
- Credit control & Accounts Receivable experience essential
- Strong IT skills especially Microsoft Excel
- Maths and English Language GCSE Grade C or above
- The successful candidate will need to be able to work unsupervised, show initiative, have good time management skills and be able to prioritise their workload by being organised.
To Apply please send your most recent CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.