Opportunity to work as a Finance Manager for an Education, Employment and Training company, working on budgeting, forecasting, bid support, management reporting and annual accounts preparation.
- Ensuring that the monthly management accounts for the designated business units are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets and re-forecasts for the designated business units in accordance with Group timetables.
- Provide support on a day to day basis to designated areas of the business including support with new business activities.
- Ensuring that designated balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and supported by appropriate documentation on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring that satisfactory financial evidence is in place to meet audit requirements.
- Ensuring contractual requirements are met in a timely manner in respect of financial information or returns required to be delivered to clients.
- Ensure sales invoices are raised in a timely manner, appropriately accounted for and ensure that effective credit control is carried out.
- Prepare statutory accounts in respect of designated subsidiary companies in accordance with annual audit timetable, supported by all necessary audit evidence.
- Prepare information for VAT return for any designated subsidiary companies for inclusion in Group VAT return where applicable.
- Prepare for approval and submit VAT return for designated subsidiary companies that are not within the Companies VAT group.
- Assist in analysis of expenditure for preparation of Corporation Tax computations.
- Support the Group Financial Controller in various other duties and ad hoc tasks necessary to meet the needs of the Company
- Other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA), part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) or qualified by experience
- Ability to work under pressure maintaining the quality and timely completion of work
- Experience of budgeting and management reporting for grants and contracts for outsourced services involving public sector clients desirable.
- An enthusiastic person who is diligent and hard working. You must have a commercial focus and be pro-active in your work.
- Very good ICT skills particularly Excel.
- Good time management skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively convey financial information to audiences of all levels
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity
To apply for this role please send your current CV to Anita.Dobe@cfappointments.com
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us , we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org