An exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Intelligence to work for a national charity. The Head of Business Intelligence will lead a business insight team, and in conjunction with the Director of Assurance and Intelligence will work to define the Group strategy and roadmap. You will deliver a business intelligence deployment plan, to enable the Group to track and manage information, resulting in deeper insight contributing to operational, tactical and strategic decision making.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver a high quality data strategy for the Group to support strategic decisions, drive organisational performance and inform continuous improvement, whilst developing an approach to BI which enables the use of effective and appropriate external information and data sources to inform internal decision making.
You will work with colleagues and corporate leads to develop and embed operational and strategic KPIs across the Group, developing dashboards for group corporate and operational requirements, whilst leading the BI team.
To ensure the utilisation of the Microsoft BI stack and lead on the production of reports to help the business to monitor its performance against strategic objectives, which may be in the form of visualizations such as business driver diagrams, graphs, charts and dashboards, detailing the significant results they deduced. Collaborate with the organisation to analyse metrics, access the effectiveness of key programmes and initiatives and to locate new process improvement opportunities. Being able to make recommendations to business areas based on data analysis.
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or significant experience in a BI lead role
- Project Management Qualifications (e.g. Agile, Scrum)
- Experience of leading an Analytics function, budgets and relationships.
- Experience of report writing and presenting technical information to a high standard.
- Experience of presenting commercially sensitive information to a senior level audience
- Extensive end to end knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft BI Stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Experience of building relationships with senior management and successfully collaborating with multiple departments to achieve organisational objectives
- Knowledge of analytic tools, data analysis principles and quantitative methodologies used to gain insights into data and present findings to varied audiences
- Experience of a customer service focused, process and data driven environment
- Key performance indicators (KPI) and Service Level (SLA) driven environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Proficient user of Analytics and BI tools
- People centred in a commercial framework, takes accountability for results
- Ability to work flexibly to cope with the varying demands of the role and achieve desired results
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to focus and anticipate future changes in order to plan and implement new or revised ways of working
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise a workload and delegate effectively
- Excellent IT skills – to present data via Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills demonstrating the ability to convey complex messages clearly
- Skilled in negotiating and influencing discussions in complex and difficult areas to achieve desired results
- Excellent organisational skills demonstrating ability to produce work to high quality standards
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Drive for results
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Collaborates and unites with others behind the organisations mission
Demonstrates a passion to further the charitable aims of the organisation and acts with integrity