We are seeking a trainer / assessor to deliver and assess Health and Social Care qualification up to level 5, including level 3 in customer service and management. You will offer an integrated programme of teaching, training, support mentoring and development of learners.
This is a peripatetic role which will require delivery of skills contracts across South Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Engagement with employers and learners to deliver a quality service – meeting KPIs set for starts, new sign ups, leavers and learner progression through to completion of qualifications.
- Deliver qualifications across a range of awards where occupationally competent in accordance with the Quality Assurance process
- Effectively maintain a caseload of learners (at agreed and specified level)
- Highlight and where appropriate deal with learner issues and provide focussed learner support, and identifying and providing additional learning support where required.
- Develop and use a range of techniques and resources tailored to learner’s individual needs – supporting them throughout their learner journey towards successful achievement and completion of qualifications.
- Maintain learner information, ensuring quality and integrity of data which is accurately recorded and submitted efficiently to meet contractual requirements
- Take an active role in preparation toward Ofsted inspections as well as taking part in Inspections as requested – This includes but is not limited to striving to achieve and maintain standards – including maintaining own CPD and maintaining occupational competence in areas of expertise.
- To also be accountable for sourcing each month an agreed number of Learner Starts (either for themselves or colleagues) and as agreed and monitored by their Team Leader IQA and COO and as part of the KPI performance measures of this role.
- Identify new opportunities, referring learners as required to further progression, maximising direct delivery opportunities and maintaining caseloads.
Experience and Qualifications required
- D32/33/A1 or equivalent training/assessment related qualification
- Knowledge on Qualification Credit Framework
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT
- Sector knowledge and experience
- Geographically able to work with learners in South Yorkshire and the Humber
- Knowledge and understanding of quality and compliance frameworks e.g. Common Inspection Framework and Matrix
- Knowledge of training and/or assessment delivery
- Proven ability in project planning and meeting time, cost and quality targets
- Strong awareness and proactive approach to Health & Safety issues
- Able to monitor and maintain records
- Competent in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate user level
- Competent in the delivery Maths and English
- Full driving licence and full access to the use of a car (not necessarily required for London region)
- Knowledge of Government Funding streams including SFA, JCP, RDA, ESF, and private funding etc.
- Working knowledge of H&S legislation and employment law
- Skilled in Customer and Employer liaison
- Able to ensure contractual compliance and provide financial and performance information to agreed specifications
- At least PTLLS or other Teaching qualifications are desirable
- Demonstrate up to date occupational competence
IXION is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners/customers, and expects staff to share this commitment.
All Roles will require a basic DBS Disclosure check due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us , we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA. Email email@example.com