Full time - Permanent
The role of Support Manager requires an engaging, empathetic and motivating individual, able to support people with complex barriers to move into sustainable employment.
Our Support Managers understand their communities and the wide range of services available within them. Brokering routes into existing services and liaising regularly with health professionals, partner organisations and employers in the local community, Support Managers are focused on ensuring every participants’ journey into sustainable employment is as smooth and well-coordinated as possible.
Support Managers are able to quickly build rapport with participants and proactively source job opportunities with appropriate employers through reverse marketing. They will maintain supportive relationships with both participant and employer once employment begins. Support Managers are engaging, motivating, assertive and able to manage their diaries in a time efficient manner.
Providing bespoke support to individuals, running regular group sessions, and delivering outreach support where appropriate, Support Managers are the people who can ensure individuals access the right support at the right time and progress towards their employment goals. They are able to adapt the support they provide, according to the changing needs of the participant.
This role is perfect for individuals with proven experience of supporting people with disabilities or long term health conditions in a recruitment environment. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, a solution focussed approach, and be highly organised.
Person Specification (Essential)
Technical competency (qualifications and training)
- Minimum of 5 GSCEs (A to C) or equivalent qualifications
- IAG L4 or equivalent; accredited training in relevant disciplines e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or demonstrative experience at this level and a willingness to work towards and gain relevant accreditation and qualifications.
- Relevant additional training in the health and social care field including safeguarding, motivational interviewing, mental health awareness would be desirable.
- Strong track record of successfully working to targets
- Experience in successfully managing and progressing a caseload of participants to meet their agreed goals and ambitions
- Experience of working with external stakeholders to jointly support participant progression, including employers, local authorities, health services and voluntary sector organisations.
- Experience of facilitating and supporting participants with complex and/or multiple barriers (particularly health and social inclusion related) to success in an employability setting.
- Knowledge of the local labour market.
- Understanding of employer expectations and accessing career opportunities.
- H&S risk assessments at employer sites
- Local community knowledge - knowing what provision and support services are available locally
- Maintain and update internal databases
- Proactive and solution focused, taking initiative to create opportunities
- Passionate about making a positive difference to peoples’ lives.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Ability to work independently, providing community based support to participants from our centres, co-locations sites and outreach venues, as well as engaging with employers and other stakeholders as required.
- Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results , including regular travel and outreach working
- Ability to facilitate, engage, motivate and support partner organisations and service users.
- A motivational, flexible and problem solving approach.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude to disability, health problems and employment problems.
- Be able to display an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults.
- This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure.
"Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."