Establishment : HMP YOI Feltham
Location : Greater London
Salary : £24,211 to £36,592 per annum
Full time roles available and salary ranges from £24,211 to £36,592 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
We will require a qualified Hospitality lecturer who has extensive industry experience and has a background mainly in patisserie and baking. The successful candidate will have the potential to deliver up to a level 3 Hospitality Qualification in said subject baking, cake making and patisserie.
About HMPYOI Feltham
HMYOI Feltham is a Young Offenders Institute located in Feltham, London.
Prospects provides education for all young people within Feltham Young Offenders Institution and has increased the number of hours a young person in custody at Feltham spends in education each week to equip them with qualifications and skills to break the cycle of reoffending when they leave detention.
The establishment’s regime includes academic education (full/part-time), workshops and vocational training in a wide range of industry.
Responsibilities (to include but aren’t limited to)
- To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching and learning strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To support the Employer Engagement Manager in the development of work placement, and work based learning opportunities for the young people.
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 after 10 years’ service
- Group personal pension plan where the company single matches up to a maximum of 6%
- Access to various salary sacrifice schemes such as Child vouchers, cycle2work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Schemes
“Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.”