We are recruiting a Leadership and Management Teaching Assessor who will deliver qualifications up to level 5. The post holder will be required to engage with employers and learners to deliver a quality service which includes meeting KPIs, new learner sign ups, leavers and learner progression through to completion of qualifications and Apprenticeship Standards.
This is a peripatetic role which will require delivery of skills contracts. A full driving licence and full access to the use of a car would be required.
- Deliver qualifications across a range of awards where occupationally competent
- Deliver Learning, training, coaching and assessment on work related programmes to meet the needs of employers and learners and to the standards set by awarding bodies
- Effectively maintain a caseload of learners
- Highlight and where appropriate deal with learner issues and provide focussed learner support and identifying and providing additional learning support where required.
- Develop and use a range of techniques and resources tailored to learner’s individual needs – supporting them throughout their learner journey towards successful achievement and completion of qualifications/ standards
- Individualise programmes to meet the needs of employers to ensure learners develop new skills, knowledge and behaviours which impact positively for the employer
- Maintain learner information, ensuring quality and integrity of data which is accurately recorded and submitted efficiently to meet contractual requirements.
- Use electronic portfolio system to record learner interventions, reviews, upload work and progress
- Work with the direct line manager to maintain and improve the quality of delivery across all programmes
- Take an active role in preparation toward Ofsted inspections as well as taking part in Inspections as requested
- Accountable for sourcing each month an agreed number of Learner
- Identify new opportunities, referring learners as required to further progression, maximising direct delivery opportunities and maintaining caseloads.
Essential Person Specification:
- Management NVQ level 5
- L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT
- Substantial experience in relevant occupational area
- D32/33/A1 or equivalent training/assessment related qualification
- Knowledge of Qualification Credit Framework
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate quality and compliance
- Knowledge of training and/or assessment delivery
- Proven ability in project planning and meeting time, cost and quality targets
- Able to monitor and maintain records to a high standard
- Competent in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate user level
- Competent in the delivery Maths and English up to level 2
- Full driving licence and full access to the use of a car
- Knowledge of Government Funding streams including SFA, JCP, RDA, ESF, and private funding
- Working knowledge of H&S legislation and employment law
- Skilled in customer and employer engagement liaison
- Able to ensure contractual compliance and provide financial and performance information to agreed specifications
- At least PTLLS or other Teaching qualifications are desirable
All Roles will require an enhanced DBS Disclosure check due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.