Location : HMP YOI Feltham, Greater London
Salary : £24,211 to £36,592 per annum
The successful candidate will deliver up to level 3 qualifications, be familiar with the main mechanics awarding organisations and have experience with hybrids, motorbikes and mopeds.
Full time roles available and salary ranges from £24,211 to £36,592 per annum depending on qualifications and experience.
Offers will be subject to a DBS and enhanced security clearance.
About HMPYOI Feltham
HMYOI Feltham is a Young Offenders Institute located in Feltham, London.
Prospects provides education for all young people within Feltham Young Offenders Institution and has increased the number of hours a young person in custody at Feltham spends in education each week to equip them with qualifications and skills to break the cycle of reoffending when they leave detention.
The establishment’s regime includes academic education (full/part-time), workshops and vocational training in a wide range of industry.
Responsibilities (to include but aren’t limited to)
- To teach on a range of courses as directed.
- To be involved in all processes and Prospects Feltham YOI procedures related to the selection, interviewing, admissions, enrolment, induction and tracking of young people.
- To develop the curriculum in line with national requirements, local community needs, and the needs of employment.
- To develop young people-centred teaching, learning and assessment strategies, which contribute to increased retention, achievement and progression.
- To prepare and monitor appropriate syllabuses, schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments, assessment plans and learning outcomes in line with Prospects Feltham YOI and awarding body requirements.
- To provide regular feedback to young people and to give group and individual tutorial support to enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their course or programme.
- To observe procedures for young people monitoring, discipline, security and complaints in accordance with the Prospects Feltham YOI Charter.
- To compile and maintain course and young people records.
- To contribute to the Prospects Feltham YOI’s annual assessment and review process, including comprehensive review and evaluation of the area of work for which s/he is responsible.
- To support the Employer Engagement Manager in the development of work placement, and work based learning opportunities for the young people.
- Occupationally competent in the Motor Vehicle sector
- Possession of a relevant teaching or training qualification (e.g. PTTLS, DTTLS, PGCE).
- Possession of A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching on and assessing accredited Motor Vehicle vocational qualifications from Entry Level to Level 3
- Evidence of ability to assess effectively and to prepare relevant materials.
- An ongoing interest in and knowledge of recent developments in Motor Vehicle vocational qualifications
- An awareness of the pastoral and the vocational needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds and the ability to respond to those needs positively and sensitively.
- Commitment to an inclusive education
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities policies and practical ideas for their implementation in this post.
- An understanding of and commitment to the welfare and safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults within a Further Education and Young Offenders Institution context.
- 26 days holiday rising to 28 after 10 years’ service
- Group personal pension plan where the company single matches up to a maximum of 6%
- Access to various salary sacrifice schemes such as Child vouchers, cycle2work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Schemes We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
- We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company.”
- “Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.