Senior Internal Auditor
Salary: £33,000 - £42,000 per annum
Location: Southgate, North London
We are seeking an experience auditor to lead on the implementation, development and integration of an audit function across the business’ portfolio of government and public sector contracts.
Day-to-day duties will involve the management of an audit framework, periodic review of practice, conducting investigations into malpractice (where strictly necessary) and contributing collaboratively with projects to rectify business practice and control deficiencies identified during business reviews. The role, a key component of the Risk department’s management team, will be responsible for reviewing existing practices within the current business and developing control and assurance strategies for current and future business. This will include an effective communication process and framework to identify, report on and manage risk. The role will also lead on our General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) obligations and the facilitation of external audits such as PAT inspections.
• Ability to quickly understand contractual requirements and support a control framework
• An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise verbal and written reports.
• Experience of working in a collaborative manner with operational teams, whilst maintaining independence, integrity and confidentiality.
• Ability to lead, motivate and manage a team.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, including the production and delivery of high quality presentation to internal and external customers.
• Demonstrable experience of assisting in the production of reporting and information to strict reporting deadlines.
• Exemplary organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work to deadlines.
• Demonstrates a high level of business and commercial awareness.
• A proactive and flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
• Willingness to work away from home base, as required (this will mean staying overnight)
• Exposure to and understanding of contractual requirements within provision/services commissioned by government bodies.
• Experience of working within a monitoring, continuous improvement, internal audit, contract management, compliance or comparable function.
• Experience of providing a high-quality advisory and guidance service to internal customers
• Demonstrable line management experience.
• Demonstrable experience of management of multiple (in tandem) projects.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel; and intermediate knowledge of other Office packages