We are recruiting a Service Manager to work within the Pathways Leaving Care Service in Halifax on behalf of Calderdale Council. The Pathway Team works with looked after children, unaccompanied asylum seekers and care leavers aged 16 to 25 to support them in their transition to adulthood.
- Manage the Service providing day to day operational direction and decisions.
- Involve and engage service users in the design, development, quality assurance and delivery of the service.
- Lead the delivery of a high quality, flexible and responsive social work service.
- Manage the contract between the Group and the customer, ensuring compliance with the key performance indicators, quality framework and financial regulations.
- Work with Local Authorities to develop the strategy for the service in line with legislation, best practice, corporate parents and service users views.
- Work with Social Care and partner agencies to ensure a smooth transition across services and facilitates access to appropriate provision for young people and unaccompanied asylum seekers.
- Ensure the welfare and safeguarding of young people, including working with Local Authorities on current and emerging safeguarding and contextual concerns.
- Manage a high risk register alongside partners to ensure risks are mitigated and young people are supported to manage their risk effectively.
- Oversee and support the reunification of young people with their families where appropriate and to ensure the service is focused on achieving this where it is safe to do so.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate training and development for their role.
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the service through the implementation of a comprehensive quality assurance framework, external quality frameworks and awards, understanding and knowledge of best and emerging practice and Ofsted inspection framework.
- Ensure the council fulfils its obligations by maintaining links with relevant Authorities.
- Work with the Operations Director to set and manage budgets and ensure that young people’s finances are managed.
- Work with Local Authorities to agree appropriate placements for individual young people to ensure their needs are met, risks are mitigated.
- To manage staff in line with HR policies and practices
- Working with the Regional Operations Director, Senior Management Team, Business Development Manager and others to tender for and develop new sources of business.
- Professional Social work qualification (DipSW, social work degree)
- Current registration as a Social worker with the HCPC
- Management experience with a relevant management qualification or evidence of having undertaken in-service management training is desirable.
- Experience of delivering services in a partnership environment that works together to improve outcomes for young people.
- Experience and understanding of the needs of young people leaving care and our responsibilities as a corporate parent and grandparent.
- Detailed knowledge of the legislative framework, national policy and best practice in relation to looked after children, care leavers and unaccompanied asylum seekers.
- Evidence of being able to make effective decisions in line with legislation, best practice and value for money in relation to the care and support of individual children and young people.
- Experience of leading and developing a high functioning multi-disciplinary team, providing appropriate supervision, training and support.
- Knowledge and experience of managing HR processes.
- Finance and budgetary experience.
- Experience of developing services in line with national quality standards and inspection frameworks.
- Understanding of the health and safety requirements and how these apply within this setting.
Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA.