We are seeking a Team Manager to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary Youth Support Team and ensure services work together to provide an effective response to young people and their families and improve outcomes for young people.
The post holder will contribute to the leadership of the Youth Support Team, with a particular focus on ensuring the team delivers its statutory responsibilities for youth justice, alongside the delivery of targeted youth work and programmes and interventions designed to prevent offending, anti-social behaviour and encourage voluntary engagement.
The role will involve:
- To develop and manage service delivery to ensure the service priorities are achieved, including statutory obligations, local and national quality standards, and performance targets;
- To manage operational work to achieve good outcomes for young people and victims, including the reduction of risk posed to and by young people;
- To take the lead role for specific areas of work, to represent the service in work with the local authority, criminal justice agencies and other external partners.
- To provide operational and managerial support and direction to Assistant Team Managers and staff within the Community Teams.
- To provide expert advice to team members and external partners in respect of Youth Justice and matters relating to the prevention of offending and anti-social behaviour.
- To implement effective quality assurance and performance management systems, which meet expected local and national standards and drive continuous improvement.
- To ensure that services are delivered and developed through effective integrated and joint working with partner agencies and service providers.
- To deputise for the Youth Justice Service Manager in his/her absence, including representing them at external meetings.
- To ensure that team members maintain prompt, full and accurate case records and to take a lead role in the collection, interpretation and use of performance information.
- To ensure that line management tasks are carried out in line with policy and procedures, both for staff directly managed by the post holder, and for those managed by the post holder’s supervisees; including staff induction, supervision and appraisals.
- To work with partner agencies to ensure the effective and integrated line management of seconded staff.
- To contribute to the annual Youth Justice Plan and to devise and implement team plans for service delivery and improvement priorities.
- To ensure that the design and development of services have the effective and ongoing involvement of Young People and other service users.
- To ensure that effective safeguarding and risk management practice is in place, including effective inter-agency working, in order that the highest standards are maintained for protecting vulnerable children and Young People from harm; to attend multi-agency risk meetings for the accurate assessment and safe management of risk.
- To represent the Youth Support Team in both operational liaison and formal meetings with local authority Children’s Services, criminal justice agencies and other relevant partners.
- To undertake and ensure the effective management of staff in accordance with Prospects and other appropriate employing body’s human resource, health and safety and financial, and all other relevant policies and procedures.
- To manage effectively all resources, people, property, information and finances so that service levels can be maintained and improved.
- To adhere to the Prospects Equality and Diversity Policy, both in delivery of services and in the treatment of service users and staff.
- Graduate or equivalent professional qualification, e.g. Social Care, Education, Youth Work, Advice and Guidance, LDSS, Criminal Justice or Health.
- Management qualification (or working towards) or at least 2 years’ experience within a management role.
- Relevant professional registration(s) as required.
- Evidence of recent training as a commitment to personal and professional development.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant knowledge and direct experience of managing risk and safeguarding in relevant setting (e.g. youth justice, child care social work, Probation).
- Recent experience in delivering services that have led to positive outcomes for young people.
- Leading and developing multi-disciplinary specialist team and multi-agency working.
- Good knowledge and ability to apply a critical and ethical understanding of relevant guidance and legislation.
- Experience of effective performance management and performance and quality frameworks.
- Management of risk and knowledge of safeguarding requirements with the ability to make sound judgement in relation to risk and protection.
- Working across organisational boundaries and effective partnership working.
- Leading and developing services to improve delivery.
- Management of multi-agency, multi-disciplinary teams and related HR issues.
- Ability to improve staff performance through supervision, use of information, and gaining staff commitment to best practice
- Sound financial management and ability to oversee financial systems.
- Management of buildings, property and other resources.
- Understanding of third sector working
- Knowledge and understanding of national policies and the legislative framework affecting young people, particularly in relation to youth justice.
- Ability to manage and supervise staff in a multi-agency team, including effective workload allocation and management
- Good analytical and quality assurance skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to identify and promote best practice and to enable workforce development
- Ability to work effectively across agencies and professional groups, building and sustaining positive working relationships
- This is a 9 til 9 service and the post holder can expect to work out of normal office hours including evenings and weekends.
- To have the means to travel to and from work locations outside the normal work base; Casual Car User status is available to car owners.
- May be required to work at any location as determined by the Youth Support Team.
- Participation in Duty Management System.